For those suffering from pattern baldness, a hair transplant is a life-changing operation. However, since it may not be appropriate for every hair loss disorder, most surgeons weigh several factors before recommending a hair transplant to help you achieve your desired results. Here are some important factors to consider when deciding whether or not a hair transplant is right for you.
- Donor’s situation: During your initial consultation with the surgeon, he or she will check your scalp for possible donor hair grafts. If you don’t have enough donor grafts on the sides or back of your head, your surgeon can suggest an alternate hair transplant procedure.
- Age: If you’re under 30 years old and have premature pattern baldness, your surgeon may advise you to wait a few years before getting a proper hair transplant.
- Average of hair loss: Patients with more extreme hair loss may not be candidates for hair transplantation because there are insufficient grafts to cover the wider recipient area. In this situation, surgeons can recommend body-to scalp hair transplantation or non-surgical options such as PRP for hair, Acell therapy, or mesotherapy.
- Alopecia Areata: Alopecia is an autoimmune disease that affects both men and women, causing hair loss in patches. The condition is usually temporary, and hairs grow back after a few treatments, but in some cases, the spots can remain for a longer time. Owing to the erratic hair loss pattern, alopecia areata cannot be treated with hair transplant surgery.
- PRP: PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma) is one of the most recent advancements in the non-surgical hair restoration field. PRP for hair loss is an effective treatment for maintaining a sufficient amount of natural hair. A blood sample will be taken from the patient’s body as part of the treatment process. The Platelet Rich Plasma will be separated from the blood using a specialized apparatus after the blood clot has been obtained. The PRP is then inserted into the patient’s scalp, where the alopecia is present. The PRP is richer in growth factors than the rest of the body’s blood. Hair follicles become healthier and develop more hair as a result of these growth factors, which promote collagen output.
- Mesotherapy: Mesotherapy is a non-surgical hair loss procedure that helps both men and women to avoid hair loss and recover their hair to a large degree. It entails injecting serum derived from a variety of drugs directly into the scalp’s middle layer (mesoderm). There, it boosts growth factors including collagen and elastin, which helps with hair loss.
If you are considering a Hair Transplantation operation in Turkey, consult the right doctor with the appropriate expertise in the operation. To get more information please contact us and let’s decide what is best for you. MAYCLINIK family always here to help.