There are at least ten important questions to ask when selecting a plastic surgeon for liposuction procedure that will help you decide whether they are a good choice to help you achieve your cosmetic goals:
Are you a board-certified surgeon?
In a variety of plastic surgery procedures, board-certified plastic surgeons have demonstrated expertise and experience, and have met rigorous requirements to obtain
- How much liposuction experience do you have? Asking how many operations they have conducted and in which areas of the body will help you understand the extent of expertise of a surgeon.
- What types of outcomes may I expect? It can take several weeks to overcome the swelling, to tighten the skin, and to see the full extent of the effects. Through this method, the surgeon will help direct you.
- What is the length of the surgery and recovery? Based on the amount of fat being removed, the target region and the number of areas being handled in the body, this can vary.
- Are there pictures of identical procedures available to see before and after? Reviewing the past work of the surgeon on similar patients and body areas will help patients get a practical feel for the work and outcomes of the surgeon.
- What is the time scheduled before surgery? For months, some surgeons may be booked out, while others may have openings next week. Patients who are searching for an upcoming event to complete their operation and rehabilitation may want to consider the availability of the surgeon.
- What are the expenditures and what funding is available? Costs differ according to patient and location. It will better support patients prepare and budget for liposuction by recognizing feasibility and available payment options.
- For the target region, what kind of postoperative treatment is involved? Compression garments and decreased use are what it takes to make things easier in certain situations. However, patients should make or prepare for unique plans to be able to recover optimally if further or special treatment is required.
- Can liposuction be combined with other plastic surgeries to better meet goals? Often, it is not enough to aim fat alone to get desired results. It is now safer and much more popular to combine liposuction with other procedures. For example, liposuction may be paired with a tummy tuck in mommy makeovers to decrease abdominal stretching and better return the body to its former or more suitable shape.
- After this treatment, what kind of follow-up is required? To assess and ensure that everything is healing on time and correctly, some surgeons may require a post-surgery visit, while others may require several follow-up visits as part of aftercare.
When more individuals are committed to a healthier lifestyle and are searching for ways to achieve their ideal, liposuction is also an excellent and cost-effective way to achieve these objectives. Better knowledge of this common technique will help patients get the best treatment and care possible.
If you are considering Liposuction operation in Turkey, consult the right plastic surgeon with the appropriate expertise in the operation. To get more information please contact us and let’s decide what is best for you. MAYCLINIK family always here to help.